Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 6: Finish Something


Last week's focus of keeping promises made it unrelentingly obvious how I have a tendency to start lots of things and never get around to finishing them. It's really something I've struggled with throughout my life, but I believe it's gotten worse with age. See, I'm generally a people-pleaser. I never say no, and so tend to over-commit, and then go crazy when I'm pressed for time to fulfill the obligations I've made. It's a vicious cycle, I know, and I never seem to learn. So this week, I've decided that I'm going to finish something. Just one thing. And if that gets done early in the week, HOORAY! And I'll start on finishing something else. But I'm really not planning on getting that far. I just have to get ONE STINKING THING DONE! For me, the obvious choice is Jason's bedroom. I've started painting it, so the constant reminder is literally on the wall for all to see. Plus, Jason has been asking since Day 1 when I was going to finish painting his room. And who wants to disappoint a 6-year-old boy with glistening eyes? Definitely not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment