Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 6: Spin Doctor


As it was my last day to focus on keeping my promises, I figured I should do all I could with the energy I had. And I did pretty well, I thought. For awhile, anyway. I got some more of Jason's room painted, stopping only when I realized I needed a drop cloth before I could start doing any rolling, and I didn't have any in my box of painting supplies! So I dashed off to Walmart, and while I was there happened upon their Garden Center. They had small pots of barely budding tulips and hyacinths for $1.00 each! I've been looking for good tulips for weeks! I had to get some. I figured I'd already done some painting, and wasn't going to be able to much more today because Jason had a friend over, so his room was occupied, right? So, I spent the rest of my afternoon hacking apart the ugly bushes that consumed only 2/3 of the window garden-box in the front yard, and replacing them with my beautiful red tulips and blue hyacinths! No, I didn't promise anyone (other than myself) that I'd get my yard looking more presentable, but it's definitely been a goal. See? You can rationalize anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment