Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Days 1 & 2: Young Women in Excellence


I have to admit that today and yesterday, my own family had to take a backseat as I prepared for tonight's Young Women in Excellence Program, which I was in charge of. I've been working on putting this program together for over a month, and I have to say, it turned out smashingly! How does this relate at all to motherhood? I think it totally does, because even though this program was not one to celebrate my own family, it was one to celebrate the accomplishments of the fabulous young women that I hope my children will look up to. These girls are smart and talented, and they have testimonies of the gospel and the courage to do what is right. And I, along with Emily Wolf and Cherie King, got to honor these wonderful girls in front of their families and peers. Many of these girls obviously have phenomenal mothers, and I could probably learn a thing or two from them. I think that I do, whether it be directly from these women, or their daughters. But they set the standard for what I'd like to become. They all have qualities that I hope I can nurture in myself. I think this experience has been a great lesson on motherhood! How's that for spin?

By the way, after posting this, I noticed that the picture quality looks terrible unless you double-click on it to see it close up. Have to do my girls justice, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment