Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 7 & 8 Catch-Up




I know. I've been falling down on the job with this blog lately. Life has just been cuckoo-crazy lately, and I can't seem to catch a break. So, to catch up... The shower went off smashingly. I even got all the painting done, my house cleaned, the garden weeded, and all the food beautifully arranged on the table before the guests showed up on Saturday morning. Miraculous. The real miracle was the amount of help I got. Between me, Jared, Kristen, Emily, and two of my wonderful Young Women: Melissa and Sariah, nothing short of magic occurred at my house. When the last of the shower guests left and the last dish was washed on Saturday afternoon, around 3:00, I literally fell into my bed and didn't surface until almost noon Sunday morning. Which is when I realized that my mother was coming into town... in just a couple hours! I had asked her weeks ago to come up during her Spring Break and help me work on the quilt set I promised to make my girlfriend, Stacia. So, that's been my focus this week. The pictures are of what we've accomplished so far. We're making a quilt, bumper, and bedskirt for her new(ish) baby boy. It's been taking forever, though, because it's probably one of the most detailed designs I've ever done. But it's for one of my best friends, so she deserves the best. And it's gonna be super-duper cute. I'm kinda bummed out today, though, because my mom is leaving this morning. I've done my absolute best to try and convince her to stay, but to no avail. Even Hayden's sweet face couldn't convince her to stay. Geez, can nothing soften this woman? ;) (Love ya, Mom!) I guess it's okay, though, because I've got another party to finish throwing together. The Young Women's "New Moon" sleepover is tomorrow night... at my house. It's gonna be nuts! But it should be fun, too. Just lots to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment