Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 8 Finale: Party's Over!








So, I've pretty much sucked at keeping this up to date the last 2 weeks. It's been crazy-busy around here. But, I think the bulk of it should be over now. I hosted the Young Women's "New Moon" sleepover this weekend, and it was NUTS! But lots of fun, too. I admit, I went over the top with the preparations, but I think it was worth it. We had bottled "blood" to quench the girls' vampiric thirst, Team Jacob and Team Edward bracelets, even our very own moon shining over a poster of Edward. The girls went on a photo scavenger hunt around the neighborhood, collecting photos of various items referencing their team icon, and of course, they watched "New Moon," swooning every time Jacob appeared shirtless. Oh, to be a teenage girl with raging hormones. Thank heaven that's all over! However, I wouldn't mind the metabolism. I'm told that Kelsi, who is the definition of "toothpick" ate 5 servings of lasagna. Plus there was salad and cupcakes, M&M's, and she returned from the scavenger hunt with a container of yogurt she'd pawned off one of my unsuspecting neighbors. If only!

So, now that all this partying is over with, I've realized that I can't even remember the last time I had a normal sleep schedule. It's time for me to relax and enjoy life again. So, this week, my focus is on finding joy in everyday things. Wonder what I'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment