Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Days 2 & 3: Den of Chaos!


After successfully getting my irises in on Monday, I was pretty gung ho about attacking my den, which is an official disaster area. However, Miss Hayden was a monster crankypants yesterday, not to mention into EVERYTHING. So by the lunchtime rolled around and I had still been unable to set so much as a foot into the den, I gave up, threw Hayden in the car, and figured I'd at least get some errands in. That way the day wouldn't be a total loss. We headed off to Stoneridge Mall and went straight to the Apple Store. My laptop charger cord has completely worn out around the edges and has all kinds of exposed wires that like to snap and sparkle. Since I thought this might possibly be dangerous (ya think?), I decided to take it in and get a new one. My jaw just about dropped, however, when I saw the price tag. $79.00 for a new cord? Yikes! Seeing the panic in my eyes, the sales guy said he'd check to see if my computer was still under warranty or qualified for a replacement part. And guess what! It did! So I got my new charger for free! Of course, just after I learned this fabulous news, I saw a text from Jared saying he'd just bought a new one online for $50. Well, I guess we'll have an extra one!

As for today, I don't know if it was the weather or something else, but I just didn't want to do anything today. After taking Jason to school, I actually sat on the couch in my jammies watching Project Runway on demand (a habit I picked up from Mom... thanks, Mom!). Hayden ran wild, efficiently clearing out my underwear drawer and scattering its contents throughout the house, as well as the bathroom cabinets and all its contents. But I just didn't have it in me to do anything about it. Finally, around 10:30, I dragged myself to the shower, got dressed, and hopped in the car again, just so I wouldn't be tempted to fall back onto the couch. I planned to go to Michaels, but instead, I called Jared and asked if we could join him for lunch. After lunch, we finally made it to Michaels, and I bought some storage cubes for the junk in the den. By then it was just about time to get Jason from school, so we went and picked him up, took him to piano, and sometime around 3:10, we finally made it home. I spent the rest of the evening picking up in the den. Though as I look around now, you can hardly tell. There's still a lot of work to do. The picture is of what I accomplished today, though. It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment