Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 2: Frenzied Feet


Today I walked around Lake Elizabeth with two of my girlfriends, Amy and Sharman, both of whom have legs much longer than mine thus forcing me to endure a very brisk pace which I struggled to keep up with. I guess I'm just out of practice at this 2-mile walk that I used to do without batting an eyelash. So that's going to need some work. Also, I'm concerned that I won't stick to this walking schedule. The only reason I went today was because Sharman called to make sure I was coming. She's moving at the end of the month! Whatever will I do without my intrepid walking buddy? Will I have to be the one making the phone calls come March? Scary thought. The good news is that I met my goal. It took us about 40 minutes to walk around the lake. The bad news is that I gorged myself on probably a full 3/4 cup of almonds when I got home, so that most likely cancelled out any calories burned. I'll have to better watch what I eat tomorrow.

I ended my evening to night with a visit to another girlfriend's house. Holly's sister, Stephanie was in town, and apparently she's a certified zonologist (if that's even the right word). Anyway, as far as I can tell, what she does is similar to reflexology. It's where they manipulate your feet, and it's supposed to detox your system, reduce stress, and rejuvenate your body. So, I got zoned, and it was lovely. Who knows? Maybe it'll "cleanse" all the fat grams from those almonds right out of my system. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment