Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4: Think Thin!


I read a magazine article yesterday that talked about ways to get in the mindset for losing weight. One of the things they said was to visualize yourself slender. The article recommended that you find a picture of yourself at a weight that you were content with and to put it up in a place where you would see it often. The idea is that this will motivate you to continue your efforts. So, I'm giving it a shot. Here's my picture of a thinner me. (I'm the brunette.)

The article also said to write down 15 reasons you want to lose weight. Here's my list:
1. To be able to wear a button-down shirt without busting out of it.
2. Feel strong and healthy.
3. Not feel like a whale when I stand next to my sisters.
4. Be able to keep up with my kids.
5. Buy a fabulous little black dress.
6. Be able to fit into something at Victoria's Secret.
7. Not have that little muffin-top hanging over my jeans.
8. To be able to wear clothes without worrying how many bumps there are in my silhouette.
9. Not feel guilty to give in every once in a while and have that slice of chocolate cake.
10. Feel confident in my own skin.
11. Not be afraid to be on camera.
12. To be a good example of healthy living to my kids.
13. Inspire my parents to live healthier.
14. Be able to go dancing with my husband, and not get winded.
15. Be fabulous!

As for my exercise today, the family and I went for a walk around our neighborhood after dinner. It took about 30 minutes. I also spent most of my day deep-cleaning my kitchen, and according to my iPhone, that burned 283 calories. I'm counting it.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne,
    I am excited to see your dedication. I started this year as well, and I am thinking I will follow your example and make a list and find a picture. Thanks for blogging about it. Makes me feel like I have a buddy. Maybe I will blog too. Good Luck
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete