Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 1: Sending Out an SOS

Today was a little more nuts than I expected it to be. It started at 6 am, when a multitude of trains decided to pass by (I didn't think we lived that close to the tracks). It woke both me and Hayden up, after being asleep only 3 hours since her last midnight meltdown. Not typical for her, but she had a fever last night, and was pretty miserable. I did get a little bit of a load off, though. Jared didn't have to be to work until 9:00 this morning, so he got Jason up and off to school. I finally got around to getting up and ready for the day around 8:30, and was ready to run my errands by about 11. Jared had asked for more garden boxes, which we get at The Container Store... in San Jose. So, because I was willing to go get them for him, I figured he could meet me for lunch today. Which he did, and it was really nice because we actually had a real conversation for once! One that wasn't about the kids or the budget or the amount of weeds yet to pull. After lunch, Hayden and I made it out to get our garden boxes, then headed back to pull Jason out of school a little early for his doctor's appointment. I had called earlier to get Hayden in as well, as she seemed to be coming down with the same thing. But no. Dr. Burke was able to diagnose her right away: an ear infection. Not that she made it easy for him. I think she remembers all too well last week, when she got 4 shots. Jason was a whole other ball of wax. Because his antibiotics didn't seem to be working, the doctor sent us to get a chest and sinus x-ray. Hayden loved that. The first 10 minutes we were there, she kept running out the front door and making a beeline for the parking lot. I finally shut the door, tired of chasing her, and she threw a monster fit on the waiting room floor. When she was done, she decided it was time to empty the contents of my purse. She pulled out my wallet and started walking around showing all the other patients what she had found. And of course, every time I tried to get it back from her, she screamed like a banshee. Lovely child I've got, really. The x-rays took forever. And Hayden was driving me crazy. Luckily, I was granted a lifeline. Jared texted to see if I needed some help. YES! Save me, please! So, my wonderful husband left work about 20 minutes early to rush to my aid. He took Hayden home, picking up her prescription from the pharmacy on the way. Jason and I, however, had to go back to Dr. Burke's for his x-ray results. Chronic sinusitis. 2 more prescriptions. Not generic. Ouch, says my bank account. Well, at least I didn't have to drag a screaming toddler through the line at Walgreens.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where your posts were last week! ;) I'm a major blog-a-holic, 'case someone is always doing something more exciting, it seems. I've been following your progress and while I haven't been doing the exact same thing, it has inspired me to be a little better at doing focusing on and completing goals. So there, see, you've accomplished your purpose already! Hang in there, we all have rough weeks and crazy kids. It'll pass!

    ReplyDelete