Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 2: Shoes! Glorious Shoes!


It really is all about the shoes. I don't know what it is about a pink peep-toe or a leopard-print kitten heel, but they just make me smile. And somehow, this has rubbed off on my now 19-month-old daughter. Jared and the kids spent the past weekend visiting family in Oregon, and he brought home a suitcase full of hand-me-downs from our niece, all for Hayden. Included in this care package were at least 10 pairs of shoes. There were sparkly silver Mary Janes, strappy sandals, pink Skechers, and even a pair of faux leather boots. As soon as I brought Hayden's attention to them, her eyes got big and a huge smile lit her little face. She ran to the pile as quickly as her chubby little legs could carry her. She then proceeded to pick up each pair of shoes tenderly, admiring every one. Then it was time to try them on. All of them. Not a pair was left untouched. She ended up wearing the sparkly silver ones today. Now that's joy.

1 comment:

  1. That IS joy! =o) I LOVE shoes too .. and I love your shoes. You always have cute ones on. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete