Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 5: Material Girl


I know a lot of my posts this week have been about Hayden, but I can't help it. The girl just makes me smile (which is a good thing, because it probably keeps me from killing her when she does things like slinging poop across the family room). Anyway, lately she has been choosing her own outfits from her closet. I've been going along with it because I'm always curious as to what she'll pick. But today, I am totally in love with her selection. First she picked out a navy blue long-sleeved t-shirt. Nothing special there, but then she picked out this frilly little pink tutu, a pair of gray leggings, and some pink ballerina slippers with matching legwarmers. She wasn't even a figment of my imagination in the 80's, and yet, she's so there. She looks like Britney from Alvin and the Chipmunks. To top it all off, we put her hair in a water-spout pigtail, and she picked out a pink and blue bow with a purple butterfly on it. Who said a 19-month old couldn't have fashion sense?

1 comment:

  1. She is preparing you for her teenage years. Start saving now for the shopping sprees!

    ReplyDelete