Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 1: More Than I Can Chew

As I racked my brain about where to begin this week's project of order, my thoughts fell upon my bedroom. Since we've moved in, my bedroom has been the most neglected of all. It's the only room in the house that still has boxes to be unpacked, and things that have been unpacked but yet have to find a home have been shoved haphazardly into my poor bedroom. This, I decided, was the place to start.

I ambitiously set my goal to have the room completed by the time Jared got home from work tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't factor in a certain 17-month-old. Each time I organized, she eagerly pulled everything to the floor again. She especially loved pulling out about 6 pairs of shoes at a time. Then, as I'd clean them up, she'd move on to emptying my underwear drawer. When I'd hit my limit, I ran to the kitchen to find the remaining baby locks to be installed and spent the rest of the afternoon installing them in my bed and bathrooms. Not an easy task, by the way, especially with a toddler sitting on your chest urging you to play the pony. So, I didn't finish the whole bedroom today. I did, however, manage to organize my closet, as well as discover large amounts of carpet on my bedroom floor that I hadn't seen since our walk-through. And of course, there is always tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm already beginning to feel the calm creeping in to my less-cluttered space. Now, I'm off for a hot bath in my lovely, organized bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment