Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 3: Attitude Adjustment


Today was better. Not that I made any progress towards getting my home organized, but I felt better, and that feels huge! After two days of total frustration about my lack of results, I've decided that before I can make any headway, I need to be in the right mindset. Let's be honest, if Christ came to my door and found me a neurotic mess who resents her own children, he's not going to care if my floors have been vacuumed or that my book collection is alphabetized by genre and author. I mean sure, cleanliness counts, but the spirit of the home is vastly more important, at least in my mind. So today I mellowed out. I cleaned my bathroom while Hayden threw all my shoes on the bedroom floor. I picked up the tiny pieces of Kleenex she had shredded and strewn across the family room. I calmly re-folded and put away the blankets she pulled out of the linen closet and trailed through the halls. I even had fun with my kids today! What a concept! It's all very zen. I guess my conclusion is that while it's great to get some housework done, it doesn't all have to be done right now. It's much better, both for my sanity and my family's well-being, that we enjoy the time we spend together in our home. Maybe the vacuuming will get done tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment