Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 2: A House of Order

I fully intended on continuing my focus on healthy living throughout next week until the last hour of church today. I work with the Young Women, and today's lesson was taught by two of our soon-to-be graduating seniors, Christelle and Katy. They talked about establishing a house of order. They began by quoting a scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants 132:8. It says, "Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion." As the lesson progressed, I was struck by this simple concept. As we are still in the process of moving in to our new house, it is important to me that I establish it as a place of order, not confusion. I want my home to peaceful, and running around trying to find something that has yet to be assigned a specific spot in our home is frustrating and exhausting! Just today I drove myself crazy because I'd like to start painting in my son's room. However, I needed a level in order to mask off the parts I don't want painted. I searched high and low for that level, and I've yet to find it! It was exasperating! I finally gave up the search and headed back out to my backyard to pull more weeds. So, this week, my goal is to set my house (and everything/everyone in it) in order. Thanks again to Christelle and Katy for the marvelous lesson. You've inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment