Friday, March 5, 2010

Days 4 & 5: Calling in Sick!

That's me. The walking zombie. I thought my cold would just be the touch-and-go kind, but it's turned into a full-blown monster. I've truly felt like the living dead the last few days, and so no promises have been kept. I did do some of the things that were fundamental, though. Yesterday was payday, so I made up our budget for the next 2 weeks. It took me all day! Well, I guess not really, because I took a pretty long break to take Hayden to her 18-month-check-up and to pay a few bills. Does that count for anything? I mean, making it past the front door when I feel so yucky has got to count for something, right? Today Jason didn't have school, but the kids still had the nerve to wake up at 7:15 am. Both of them! I usually have to wake Hayden before we can leave to take Jason to school at 8:00, and today she decides to wake up early? It's a conspiracy, I tell you. So I have to admit, I pulled another act out of the "Stellar Mom Playbook." I let Jason play the Wii all morning while Hayden wandered around getting into this and that without restriction while I just laid there and let it all happen. Obviously, nothing major occured. I had shut all the bathroom doors and closed off the baby gates into the kitchen, so there really wasn't much left for her to do. I was in and out of consciousness until about 9:30, when I finally got my act together and got ready for the day. I finally got around to making a shopping list and went out to buy groceries around 3:30 this afternoon. Returned home to make a pancake dinner around 6:15. Now I just want to sleep until warmer weather arrives. Curse the cold season!

1 comment:

  1. I have had days exactly like this. And my kids always (ALWAYS!) wake up bright and early on the days they don't have to get up for anything. On school and chruch days I have to drag them out of bed, but every other day it is just maddening. I hope that you get some rest today (Saturday.) Good luck! I think you are doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete