Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 1: Movie Night!

Wouldn't you know it? The first night of our dating frenzy, and I get sick. I was up all night with a sore throat and spent most of my day in bed (luckily Jared had the day off and could watch the kids). I was at a loss as to what to do for our first date. Jared came to my rescue and suggested a movie night. Perfect! So I actually got up and went to the store to pick up a movie and goodies. Total cost for the evening? $8.00! The most expensive thing was the popcorn! (I bought a 10-pack of microwave popcorn at $4.99. The movie, box of Red Vines, and Milk Duds were all $1 each!) This has to be one of the cheapest dates we've ever had, but it was fun. We did have a bit of an interruption from Hayden, who decided 8:00 just wouldn't do for bedtime tonight, but she didn't last too much longer. Once she was down, it was nice to just snuggle together on the couch and watch the movie. We rented "Couples Retreat," which was pretty funny, and pretty sweet at times. Not my favorite movie I've ever seen, but it served its purpose tonight. Overall, I'd give this date 3½ Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment