Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 4: A Working Date?


I'm not sure that what we did tonight really counts as a date. It was kind of a catastrophic day with Hayden. After she had used a chair to climb on top of the kitchen counters, get into the cupboard, open a child-proof bottle of Triaminic, climb back down and dump it all over the couch, I was at my wits end. So after peeling the covers off the couch, scrubbing down all the stains that weren't removable, and throwing the rest of the mess into the washing machine, I tossed the kids in the car and headed out. I figured Hayden couldn't do any more damage while she was locked in her baby seat. It was just about time for Jared to get off work, so we headed towards his office. We ended up going out to dinner at Red Robin. I was craving protein, having only eaten cereal and granola bars all day, and they make a fabulous Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich. So, we had dinner out, but the kids were in attendance, so I'm not sure we can call it a date. After the kids went to bed, we decided to do something simple tonight, and ended up downloading an episode of "Fringe" on the AppleTV. We watched it while folding laundry together. So it was kind of a working date. We didn't really get to connect in any other way than laughing or gasping together in all the right spots of the show. Jared actually seemed rather grumpy as he got into bed tonight, though I wonder if it was just because he's stressed about yet another job interview tomorrow. I don't know, but as far as great dates go, this one isn't on the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment