Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 3: Thumb Battle


For tonight's date, Jared and I did something I haven't done probably since junior high. We played Super Mario Brothers on the Wii. It was a blast! There's an option called the "Coin Battle" where you get to play together, and whoever collects the most coins is the winner. It was a riot! Jared totally left me in the dust, but I gave him a run for his money every now and again. Most importantly, the competitive spirit made us really playful, which then took us to high school for that gratuitous make-out session! Wahoo! Two thumbs up on this wacky date!

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    After almost a week of date nights at home do you have any suggestions for getting the kids in bed at a decent time so your date night doesn't start at 10? :) I think we might try the at home date night week next week. We usually get a babysitter twice a month (or more sometimes) but it would be nice to have good quality time without having to pay someone to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandy,
    I get the best results when I get them up early in the morning, and run them ragged all day. A trip to the park, or especially a walk around the neighborhood after dinner wears them out pretty well. That works pretty well for my youngest, though my son usually needs some kind of incentive. For instance, tonight, I promised him a surprise in the morning if he stays in his bed all night. I've bought donuts for the morning, and he'll get one as long as he stays in bed. So, you've just got to try different things and see what works! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete