Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 3: A Healthy Marriage


This week I've read a few magazine articles about marital relationships. One of the key issues they addressed as important to a healthy marriage is continuing courtship. If you're like me, you probably just rolled your eyes and thought, "Like that's going to happen." I mean, it sounds great! Who wouldn't want to get to go out every Friday and Saturday night, the hand-holding in the park, the kisses good-night, the making out in a darkened automobile (come on, you know you've done it). But who can get away with doing that now? Especially when you've got kids! The cost of babysitters alone keeps Jared and I from going out very often. But one article I read had a solution: Having "Date Night" at home. The author devoted one night a week for six weeks to having a date night with her husband (after the kids had been tucked into bed). They did things like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle, taking a bubble bath together, and even a do-it-yourself cheese-tasting party. I thought this was an intriguing idea, and couldn't wait to try it out. Of course, I'm cramming it all into one week, which is ambitious, but doable (I think). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment