Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 6: Family Gardening and Week 2 Summary



I was just too tired last night after a very busy and productive day that I didn't get around to reporting on it until now! Well, I think I made up for the first few days of this week's focus. So much got done! The bathrooms were cleaned, cupcakes and a brownie cheesecake for our Valentine's Day celebration were made, and with the help of the rest of my family, my front yard is much closer to being weed-free! We filled our whole "green" trash bin with weeds (some bigger than Hayden) that have been growing for heaven only knows how long! I'm pretty sure the previous tenants never bothered. In addition to getting all this done, we had a glorious day together. We all really enjoyed being outside in the sunshine doing something together as a family. Even Jason helped. Every time the weed bin started getting full, he'd jump around in it so that we could fit another load in. Hayden enjoyed roaming around and playing in the dirt while Jared and I pulled weed after weed after weed. We're both getting really excited about having an actual garden this year, and now we're a little bit closer to getting our front yard in order!

So, to summarize the week: Definitely got off to a rough start. Setting your house in order is obviously not something you can accomplish in a week. I think it'll take years to really feel that there is some kind of established order, but even then, it will always be a work in progress. However, I do feel that I'm heading in the right direction. I do realize that there will be days like this one where everyone works together happily, and much is accomplished. Then there will be those days when nothing gets done and I'm tired and frustrated. So, I think the key here is to take it one step at a time, one moment at a time. Relish each achievement, but don't dwell on each disappointment. There is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment