Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 2: A Little to the Left... Yeah!


For tonight's date, we stripped down to our skivvies, got out a bottle of body lotion, and gave each other a fifteen-minute massage. Let me tell you, it was HEAVEN! We got to talk to each other about things besides the water bill, or the state of Jason's cough. And the total cost? $0.
Wish we'd do this more often! The only things I'd add to this would be to dim the lights and turn on some soft music. I should have thought of that, but it was still splendid! It was reminiscent of the early days of our marriage, when we had the time, energy, and inclination to do nothing but wait on each other. With such hectic days and nights, we rarely take the time to do anything like this. Even on nights when I desperately need it, I'm lucky if I can get a 1-minute rubdown with IcyHot. So this, which was purely intended for pleasure and feeling close to one another, was wonderful. Who knew something so simple could be so fulfilling? So, on a scale of 1-10, this date gets a 9.8!

No comments:

Post a Comment