Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 3: Follow the Promptings of the Spirit... Especially When He's Making Your Phone Ring Off the Hook!


Okay, so who knows if it was really the Spirit, or not. But I was prompted no less than three times this morning to get off my desperately-wanting-to-be-lazy backside, and get over to the park to go walking with my friends. First, Amy called at 9:00 to ask if I'd be joining them in half an hour. "I don't think so," I told her, "I'm just so tired." She accepted my rejection with grace and hung up. Not two minutes later, my phone was ringing again. It was Kristen, this time. Same question. Was I coming to the park? I sighed. "Okay, I'll start getting ready, but I'm tired, so if I'm not going to make it, I'll call you." Click. I sauntered back to my bathroom to start the hot water in the shower. As soon as I get there, the phone rings again. "Seriously?" I thought out loud. This time, it was Sharman. "Hey, Suzanne, are you going to come walking with us?" I laughed. "I guess I have to now, you're the third one to call in the last five minutes. I don't think I've got any no's left in me!" So, we hung up, and I raced through a shower, quickly got both myself and Hayden dressed, and made it to the park by 9:34. It was a lovely walk, I got in great exercise, great conversation, and even some playtime at the park with Hayden. I feel like a good mom today. What's more, it probably kept me off the couch today. Instead, I actually got things done! The laundry is complete! So, whether it was the Spirit working or not, I really can't say, but I do think I had a better day thanks to my RELENTLESS friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What great friends. I wish I was still there walking with you guys. I sure do miss that. I don't know if they have groups like that up here yet. I miss everyone in Fremont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you could always come back! ;) Miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete