Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 4: Who Are You, and What Have You Done With My Brother?

I've been tossing ideas for my next week's focus for a few days now, unable to really settle on something until today. As I mentioned earlier, my brother just returned from a mission in Ghana. Today at church, he gave a talk describing some of his experiences while there. He totally blew me away! I was deeply impressed by the way he spoke with conviction and humble enthusiasm. I was amazed at how the words just seemed to spill out of him. Whenever I have to give a talk, I've got notes in hand, and pretty much have to read verbatim because I can never keep a clear train of thought. I also teased him about all the big words he used, because I never knew he had such a great vocabulary. I still don't think he can spell half those words, but he used them. And he used them appropriately. Finally, I was awed by the charisma he had. His words truly made my heart want to sing, he was so obviously filled with the spirit of God. Because he was so clearly in tune, it made me realize just how completely out of sync I am, spiritually speaking. It made me really crave that warm, peaceful feeling you get when you are close to your Father in Heaven. So this week, I want to focus on my spirituality. Obviously, I won't be able to duplicate the 2-year-mission experience my brother has had, but I can at least begin by doing the things that I should be doing, but haven't been, to strengthen my own testimony and to invite the spirit back into my life. I'll keep ya'll posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment