Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 6: Date Night Finale


Last night's date was pretty awesome. Of course, it wasn't at home, as we were in SoCal visiting family, but it was pre-meditated and minus kids! Because their house is bursting with people at the moment, my parents got Jared and I a hotel room. Score! But then they offered to keep the kids with them so we could have a night alone. We felt like we'd just won the Super Bowl! So, we stopped at the store to pick up some goodies, headed to the hotel, and spent the night feeding each other chocolate-dipped strawberries, fancy French cheese, and washing it all down with sparkling cider. We just relaxed and talked... and got carried away once or twice.... It was the best date we've had in a long time! To top it all off, we each got a pretty good night's sleep, which is a rarity, so we were rested and ready to make the long drive home today.

In summary, this week has been a pretty good one. I don't know if I feel closer to Jared, but I have enjoyed spending more time together. I believe our marriage is a pretty healthy one to begin with, and if we continue working at it, especially keeping up with the date night thing, I think that we'll keep growing and discovering new and interesting things about each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment